*Incomplete application or insufficient document will not be processed and will result in disqualification.
Please contact us for any question by email
The application and transcripts can be mailed to:
Bethel Scholarship Program
18700 Harvard Ave, Irvine CA 92612
BETHEL CHURCH YOUNG CHRISTIAN LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP encompasses an annual award of $1,000 given to individuals who are graduating high school seniors and/or are currently enrolled full-time college undergraduates. Recipients will be selected based on endorsement from peers, family and spiritual leaders as a person possessing a profound measure of character, commitment to serve and quality of a future Christian leader.
• Awards are made as a LUMP SUM in the amount of $1,000 directly to the recipient.
• Scholarship funds must be applied toward undergraduate tuition, fees, room, board, books and by other college expenses.
• The scholarship application package is accepted from May 27th to July 8th. The internal procedure by the selection committee shall be strictly confidential. The selection results will be made available and notified after July 23th. Received documents will not be returned under any circumstances.
• Award ceremony will be held at a designated time and place in the presence of church leaders, family members, and sponsors with words of encouragement and warm wishes.
High School seniors or active college students must:
1. Be member of Bethel Church and be the child of a Bethel Church Member or be the child of a pastor or missionary currently and actively serving a Christian ministry full time.
2. Have attained at least a cumulative GPA of 3.3 for high school student who has been accepted to and is entering the first year of undergraduate study at an accredited college/university in Fall 2018, and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for full time students currently enrolled in an accredited college/university.
3. Provide an official transcript from their high school (incoming college freshmen) or college that includes their GPA. No report cards, progress reports, photo copies or faxes will be accepted.
4. Submit complete documents listed under “Required Documents” Section. Incomplete application or insufficient document will not be processed and will result in disqualification.
The scholarship judging committee is comprised of Bethel Korean Church elders and deacons. The committee will review all the applications and evaluate on the basis of the application form, the criteria and the funds available. The screening process goes through strict fair evaluations from 5 appointed judges.
Required Documents (Either in Korean or in English)
1. Completed application form.
2. Essay – Personal testimony and Vision statement. Provide a brief autobiography describing personal background, ethical values, purpose in your life and how you envision yourself in the future. Also describe how you have grown in your Christian faith since becoming a member of Bethel Korean Church.
3. 2 Letters of recommendation from an individual in a leadership/mentor role. One letter of recommendation from church pastor and one letter from social background (i.e. work, volunteer organization, clubs, teacher, professor, etc.)
4. Official transcripts from the current enrolled institution.
5. Recommendation letter from BKC pastoral staff member is required for non BKC members (Child of pastor or missionary)